Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Amaretti Syllabub

I don't make dessert very often because I'm afraid of what it might do to my waistline but I need a better catalog of recipes ready for dinner parties when I am to bring the last course. This is a Nigella Lawson creation which I was attracted to because I was limited with time and it literally takes 10 minutes to prepare.

1/3 cup (80ml) amaretto liquer
5tsp sugar
1tbs lemon juice
250ml thickened cream
250g morbidi biscuits (amaretti)

Place liquer, sugar and juice in a bowl and whisk until sugar dissolves. Whisk in cream and continue to whip until thickened but still soft and billowy.

Place a little syllabub in the bottom of the glass. Crumble some biscuits on top. Add a little more syllabub and finally crumble a few more biscuits on top. It is wonderful but very rich. Ideally, this dessert should be served with a crisp sweet dessert wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment