Saturday, April 14, 2012

How To Get Rid of Pantry Moths

Each time I opened the pantry door, hoards of Pantry Moths whizzed past me, heading for new found freedom....ah, not in my house!  I eradicated these pesky creatures from our pantry with a few simple steps.


Firstly it helped to know that I was actually bringing the eggs and maggots home in things like flour, rice, biscuits and cereals. 

1. I went through the entire pantry throwing away anything that appeared suspect or actually contained the little guys.

2. Next, I placed every possible weevil containing dried good into the freezer for a few days, to be sure those eggs were killed.

3. I placed freshly picked lavender and sticks of cinnamon throughout the pantry. You could also use bay leaves and other strong smelling herbs.


4. I setup an EnviroSafe Pantry Moth Trap. The trap releases a pheromone that attracts the moth to certain sticky death. 

Now, the first thing I do when I get home with the groceries is put the dry goods into the freezer. Everything except sugar has worked so far. It clumped together rendering it useless....no more pantry moths!

2 comments:

  1. Very helpful - thank you. I'm determined to get rid of these little buggers, but annoyed that I am bringing them home in food from the shops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate those annoying insects for the allergic effect they create. pantry moths destroy clothes very dangerously. Good baits can do a great job for controlling them at home.

    natural pest control

    ReplyDelete