Monday, August 16, 2010

Truely a 5 minute meal!

Peppered Tuna with Wasabi Mayonnaise. One of my favorite really quick meals which is also pretty healthy with only 7grams of fat and 1063 kj's. Of course, you should have the rub and sauce already prepared. I usually make a batch and store it. You can serve it with edamame but this night we had Bev's fresh green beans straight from her garden! You can also serve it as an hors d'oeuvre, just thinly slice it and serve with the mayonnaise and pickled ginger.

The rub...
1/4 cup black peppercorns
1 tablespoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons ground coriander
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley

Wasabi Mayonnaise
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons white vinegar
2 teaspoons wasabi paste

Tuna steaks

I use an old electric coffee grinder to grind my peppercorns. Combine the peppercorns with salt, coriander and herbs. Rub the tuna with the spices. Cook about one minute per side and serve with the mayonnaise. I liked my griddle pan until it broke into pieces. A grill or fry pan will do just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment